ELAR is excited to announce that as a complement to the conference “Where Do We Need to Go from Here? Language Documentation and Archiving during the International Decade of Indigenous Languages”, we will also be organising a series of virtual training sessions and tutorials on a wide range of topics relating to language documentation and archiving.
Some currently planned topics include:
- Creating metadata in Lameta
- A beginner’s introduction to ELAN
- ELAN for advanced users
- A beginner’s introduction to FLEx
- How to choose equipment for language documentation projects
- Remote methods in language documentation (e.g., social media, collaborative tools & workflows)
- “Meet the Archive” short introductions to DELAMAN member archives
We welcome and invite additional proposals for tutorials (pre-recorded videos of max. 15 mins) and training sessions (virtual, max. 90 mins) on topics relating to language documentation and archiving, including the demonstration of tools and techniques.
We invite proposals for tutorial videos of any length ranging from around 3 minutes to 15 minutes. We strongly encourage providing subtitles for the videos to make them accessible to a wider range of audiences. Virtual training sessions will take place synchronously on October 4th, 2022 and may run for up to 90 minutes.
The deadline for proposals for virtual training sessions and tutorial videos is June 1st, 2022.
Please submit your proposals via https://forms.gle/ap2TtoJb6a2yqN6R6